Intructions for Denture Wearers
Dentures are artificial substitute for natural teeth. But dentures should not be compared to natural teeth in function.
• Initially dentures will feel strange, they may feel bulky.
• You may feel tongue space is compressed. But they are all temporarily; as you get used to denture you feel them normal.
• You may feel difficulty in talking for first few days, you should practice speech by talking and reading news paper loudly with dentures.
• Increased salivation will be there initially, you should swallow and should not spit repeatedly.
• Initially you should eat only soft food.
• You should cut food into small pieces and eat with your back teeth from both sides.
• Dentures should be cleaned with soft brush and should not use paste.
• You should wash dentures after every meal.
• You should not mishandle the dentures. You should keep tub of water or towel while cleaning dentures to prevent damage if accidentally fell down.
• You should not wear dentures at night. Dentures should be kept in water when they are outside the mouth.
• If you develop any soreness with denture you should discontinue the denture and consult us immediately.
• Last but not the least, you should never compare dentures with others, because their oral and systemic conditions may be totally different from yours.
WISH YOU A HAPPY JOURNEY WITH YOUR DENTURES FROM
PEOPLES DENTAL CARE.